I recently just had PRK done, and I am about going on week 3 in the recovery.
Watch my PRK experience here
One thing to note about PRK-PRK is NOT Lasik! They are two very different procedures with two VERY DIFFERENT recovery times! They can not be compared.
PRK has a very long recovery process. It can take (according to my DR who also had it done) a good three months. Recovery takes TIME and PATIENCE for both friends/family AND the individual recovering.
I have been documenting my recovery process on video but I want to blog about it as well.
My first update was 3 hours afyer the surgery, which is posted in the video above.
Day 1: Watch video above...but I was sore, my eyes were going in and out. I was excited because I was able to see without my glasses, all though I was hazy and images were ghosting (seeing double). I could not stand light or reading of any sort. I could not feed my self because the utensil was ghosting so it made for an interesting aftermoon. My sweet husband took me for coffee and I was trying to be Miss Independent and fix my own cup. I put the wrong things in and started crying. Im sure it helped that I was doped up on 800mg of IB profin and valium too. LOL
Day 2: Oh Lord have mercy. The Dr warned me day 2 would be the worse. I could not read, although I could see. Images were ghosting, my eyes were feeling like someone threw grit in them and the light was horrid. I was laying down on the couch with my sunglasses on in a DARK ROOM and the rv on but even that was too bright. Again, I couldnt feed myself with a utensil because of the ghosting so I was feeling like a big baby who couldnt do anything for herself. 
Day 3: Things were better, I was able to handle light more but not too much. Pain was not bad, just had scratchiness. I could not read worth anything even a big font size.
This video has a general day 2 and 3 update
Day 4: I was able to eat with a utensil and resume normal LIGHT activities...i.e. a trip to Starbucks. :D Reading was still a chore even with big font sizes. My husband had to read me the menu board. I did experience more haziness and shosting but it wasnt too bad. so far, each day has been an improvement in my sight.
Watch Day 4:
Day 5: Almost a week since surgery! Today they removed the bandaged contact lenses in my eyes and THAT felt like a relief! BUT my eyes were scratchy still. I was able to get to the DR by myself on the bus but reading was still a chore, but I was able to see where I was going. Things were crystal clear, but reading was hazy. I was able to run a few errands but not too much. At night, the lights were halos and I did experience ghosting. There was no pain though
Watch Day 5:
Day 6: I can read today with a large font! YAY! I can not work for too long today (I work with computers). I was able to see better and it was exciting. Bright light was causing a headache but I had to take frequent breaks from working and rest my eyes.
Watch Day 6 here:
Day 7: ONE WEEK YAY! No pain. My eyes are SOOOOOO DRY. I was able to read signs today! I was so excited! hahaha. Healing is doing well and I have to read at a larger font still. I cant read for 2 long at all.
Watch Day 7:
I will be updating about once every week or 2 weeks from now on depoending on what I see with my eyes. I will definitely let you know. 
Do you want to see my whole eye surgery experience?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHX3T6LF-muL4Tefdiv7xyjTJ84oVh_nZ
I had 2 surgeries done-ICL and PRK. I was at about a -24 before ICL and a -4 after ICL now after PRK I am in NO glasses! 
Stayed tuned for more PRK update posts!